The ACFOMI Employment Services offers services to job seekers who want to enter the job market and/or change careers. Since it opened in 2000, the Centre has counted on a team of employment professionals who deliver quality services in both official languages: English and French. Our professionals have been trained in areas related to career counselling as well as specific experience in the field, so they can deliver professional, personalized services that meet clients’ needs. Proud member of ONESTEP and the Canadian Counselling Association, the French Employment Resource Centre stays on top of new developments in employment and maintains a well-established network of contacts in the community.
The ACFOMI Employment Services is 100% subsidized by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, so all of its services are free! Feel free to come and meet our team; they can offer helpful advice for starting an effective job search today!
A wide range of services are available:
- Help with writing or updating your resume;
- Help with drafting cover letters and thank-you notes (in English and/or French);
- Access to computers with high-speed Internet, as well as a fax, photocopier and printer;
- Access to a variety of information on local companies, their characteristics and their job opportunities;
- Access to a job board updated daily, newspapers and useful reference books on new developments in the job market;
- Access to practice and coaching for effective interviews;
- Career counselling services and searches for training and professional development;
- Support for your efforts through individual sessions;
- Access to community resources that may meet your needs (schools, volunteer work, language courses, etc.);
- Access to various job search techniques workshops;
- And much more!
You can contact us any time at 613 546-7863 or by visiting our offices at 760 Highway 15, Kingston, Ontario K7L 5H6.