|Nom d'entreprise||The Salvation Army Kingston Harbour Light|
|Date d'affichage||août 7, 2017|
|Publiée jusqu'au / Advertised until||August 31, 2017|
|Catégorie / Category||Santé & services sociaux / Health and Social Services|
|Site web / Website||http://www.kingstonharbourlight.org|
|Comment postuler / How to apply||Par courriel / By Email, Sur le site internet de l'entreprise / On the company website|
|Adresse / Address||562 Princess Street|
|Courriel / Emailemail@example.com|
|Salaire / Rate||$32,500.00 - $45,000|
|Date de début / Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Type d'emploi / Type of job||Temps plein / Full Time|
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
• Counsels Clients/residents individually or in a group setting; develops and implements case management of assigned clients/residents (for example, regularly counsels in establishing goal, monitors progress and prepares discharge plan)
• Presents case reports and progress of clients/residents at regularly scheduled clinical team meetings; has input to case management of total client/resident load through case management meetings
• Maintains, updates and secures all appropriate documentation related to clients/residents and initiates any new documentation; completes all reports required by the Ministry and The Salvation Army; submits written reports on case load to the Program Director or Coordinator; refers clients to appropriate sources (internal & external) for the purpose of housing, employment, education, practical every day needs and other recovery needs, keeps all Client Files up-to-date and secure
• Use appropriate, approved assessment tools and activities to accurately determine a Client’s strengths and weaknesses
• Design and implement a goal-oriented care plan in conjunction with the philosophy and methods of the Centre
• Provide crisis intervention, supportive Counselling and advocacy as required
• Address all issues of inappropriate behaviours, inter-personal conflict, lack of regard for authority or responsibilities by Clients/Residents in the Treatment setting in an appropriate therapeutic manner as required
• Collaborate with Executive and Program Directors and other Staff in specific Client/Resident related problem situations
• Models appropriate behaviour; intervenes in crisis situations, provides clinical counselling, and advocates as required
• Engages in the development of interpersonal relationships that promote dignity and respect and the rights of all Clients/Residents
• Liaise with Police, Ministry, Court Personnel, Community Agencies, family and other Staff members
• Arrange Community referrals for designated Clients/Residents as required
• Prepare, submit and keep statistical and other written reports as required by Management
• Be involved in the ongoing evaluation and planning of Counselling and Addictions programming
• To adhere to the Centre’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and Client’s Right to Confidentiality at all times
• To be aware of and adhere to all Centre Policies & Procedures as outlined and developed by Management
• To support The Salvation Army Kingston Harbour Light Mission Statement and Philosophy of Ministry
• Provides guidance and support to volunteers, students, and newly hired Staff.
• For Corrections Service Clients:
o the ability to understand the dynamics of offender behaviour and assess their needs
• The skills to counsel offenders, form effective relationships and gain trust;
• The skills to understand the use of authority in supervision and to intervene effectively in crisis situations;
• The ability to assist offenders in identifying and solving the practical problems involved in their successful reintegration into the community;
• The ability to assist offenders in identifying and obtaining the community services required for their successful reintegration;
• Skills in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
• The ability to demonstrate cultural competence and respect for diversity.
NOTE: Not all Counsellors perform all of the duties described above, but perform a similar range of duties.
• Undergraduate University Degree Program in a related field. An alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable
• The Clinical (Addictions) Counsellor must have a B.A. or ICADC Certification (International Certified Alcohol & Drug Counsellor)
• One year but less than three years of prior related experience, including experience with direct counseling in an applicable social service field
• Current clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
• French Language proficiency is an asset
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.